Computer Vision Scientist
at Hoxton Analytics
About Hoxton Analytics
Hoxton Analytics is an award-winning machine learning start-up that has developed a superior way to gather pedestrian footfall and demographic data. This is a large and rapidly growing industry, in which the Hoxton Analytics solution stands out for its deployment flexibility, accuracy and non-invasiveness. This has led to significant commercial and financial growth in the company in recent months. As a result, we are looking for a bright, analytically minded graduate to join our product team in London to help us as we scale up.
You will report into our CTO (& co-founder), working as a crucial part of our product team focused on improving and expanding our algorithms, driving additional product functionality, insight and value through to our customers. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Improving the quality, performance and robustness of our existing computer vision algorithms.
- Expand our algorithm functionality to new demographics and to enable more sophisticated people tracking.
- Working closely with our developers to drive algorithm improvements & new algorithms through the development cycle.
- MSc or PhD in machine learning or computer vision related discipline.
- Some experience building computer vision algorithms in a commercial environment.
- Experience implementing deep learning methodologies such as convolutional neural nets (Keras or MXNet).
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Able to initiate and drive project to completion with minimal guidance.
Nice to have
- OpenCV experience
- Python experience
- Experience implementing supervised learning algorithms (preferably in Python & Scikit-learn), incl. random forests, logistic regression & SVMs.
- Experience working within Agile developer teams and with source control systems (GIT).
- Competitive salary package, including equity
- Control over your professional development
- Opportunity to progress into a leadership role within a rapidly growing AI centric start-up incl. direct founder exposure
- Relaxed & friendly company culture (flexible working hours, regular social events etc.)
To apply please send an e-mail with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org