at Hoxton Analytics
About Hoxton Analytics
Hoxton Analytics is an award-winning machine learning start-up that has developed a superior way to gather pedestrian footfall and demographic data. This is a large and rapidly growing industry, in which the Hoxton Analytics solution stands out for its deployment flexibility, accuracy and non-invasiveness. This has led to significant commercial and financial growth in the company in recent months. As a result, we are looking for a bright, analytically minded graduate to join our product team in London to help us as we scale up.
Initial responsibilities will revolve around setting up and automating the device and data monitoring processes and the customer support services. Over time focus will switch more towards analytics and product development, working with our data scientists to add customer value through new product functionality. Overall reporting will be to our CTO (& co-founder).Typical responsibilities will include:
Device/data monitoring & issue management
- Working with and developing our in-house device monitoring tools to identify issues as they arise.
- Working with and developing our in-house data monitoring tools to identify issues as they arise.
- Managing issues through to resolution, including initial attempts to fix, raising Jira tickets and alerting the operations/customer teams if needed.
- First line of technical customer support (prior to hiring of dedicated customer personnel), responding to customer dashboard/API queries and helping them to get maximum value from the Hoxton Analytics data.
- Preparing custom client presentations and insights for bespoke customer trials & projects.
- Develop predictive models to build more accurate data baselines and improve data monitoring tools.
- Mine our existing customer dataset, developing sector specific product functionality, working with the front-end team to bring to customers.
- Supporting data science team on custom projects as required.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field, achieving 2:1 equivalent or higher.
- Some academic experience within data science, machine learning, statistics or advanced mathematics.
- An analytical and critical thinking approach to solving problems with a customer-centric and data-driven mindset.
- Flexibility to work in a high paced, dynamic start-up environment, learning new skills and taking on responsibilities as required.
- Fluent in English (full working proficiency)
Nice to have
- Some programming experience, preferably python.
- Exposure to SQL.
- Some experience with shell scripting (bash) and/or working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Competitive salary package, including equity.
- Exposure to cutting edge data science and AI techniques and experts.
- Control over your professional development.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic company early on
- Relaxed and friendly company culture (flexible working hours, regular social events etc.)
To apply please send an e-mail with your CV to email@example.com